What it Is
Estate planning goes far beyond creating a will or setting up a trust. What you leave behind, to whom, and in what forms can be fraught with unhelpful tax implications and nebulous rules. We shine a light on the issues and simplify this complex planning and decision-making process.
How it Works
It takes a team to form a solid continuity plan for the next generation. But before we dive into the details, we focus on your family values, hopes, and dreams: What do you want to achieve with your estate? Whom do you want to benefit? We’ll also take the time to explain estate planning concepts to you so you can be a confident part of your own estate planning team. While we do not draft documents, common services include:
- Identify and confirm your current estate planning documents (e.g. wills, revocable living trusts, advance directives and powers of attorney)
- Coordinate the professional estate planning team on your behalf
- Determine the legacy you would like to create, and how engaged you want your heirs to be in the planning process
- Work with your team to create your estate planning strategy
- Help you understand and name your choices for key roles: Guardians, trustees, beneficiaries, etc.
- Help implement your estate planning strategy
- Regularly evaluate and update your estate planning strategy as needed